Tuesday, May 10, 2011

unearthing chapter one

Last night I'm proud to say that I finished a portion of what I now call CHAPTER 1.   Somewhere in the middle of yesterday while waiting for reports to come in and a call from the president I had decided to look at what I have written so far.  So I cut and paste all my words from the memoir page and put them on a file to save in iWork Pages.  I've written 3,446 words so far and it's been feeling like a good flow.  

I was asked if I had a plot already and I said, "No."  Blatant and outright.  I'm not sure if this is proper writer decorum to not even have a working plot to navigate with but see, I'm waiting for her to tell me where to go.  Soleil, that is.  

She exists in my mind now like a room mate who whispers to me every now and then the words she picked up lying around some absent crevice in the corner of my brain.   She throws them around playfully. Unguarded and in a "matter of fact" way she hands them over and tells me, "Go, write it down."  I have nothing else to do but obey.  Then again, obedience  sounds so subordinate which is not exactly what I'm feeling when I cooperate with my creative muse.  I engage with her and walk into this dance and harmony making conversation which releases a whole lot of pent up energy from 5 years of locked up written silence.  

Now she gives me energy to reflect further on this process of word weaving even after writing a totally heavy 8,000 word, 25 pager, human resource plan for the president.  

Suffice to say, I've been blessed.  It's unreal that I find myself with this capability to tap into a creative reservoir even in the middle of mental and intellectual fatigue from occupational stress.  Heavily conceptual and brain frying, I wonder why God never gives me a job that just allows me to exert efforts in this field instead of stretching my patience with embracing people interactions that drain most people dry.

Oh well, I should just be grateful.  After all, it seems that almost all this tension and stress in areas of my life has led my creative self to an active desperation and therefore giving birth to the one who holds my pen, Soleil.

So, I started writing chapter 1 from business school.  I was thinking thoroughly where she wanted to begin.  Business school seemed apt.  Perhaps it felt like a genesis of sorts in there.  I wonder where she'll take me next.

No comments:

Post a Comment