Tuesday, May 10, 2011

the gift of encouragement

encouragements are always refreshing.  like pouring fuel into an empty gas tank.  like drinking chilled ice tea on a warm day.  like the cozy taste of a caramel macchiatto on a rainy tuesday.  

i've received quite a lot these past two days and i have to remember them here so that i will never forget why i'm doing this.  

from cecile manikan. a professor of mine in business school.
Darling...continue to find your heart...it's aching to come out in all its beauty and fullness...you're such a talented writer!!! There's always the birthpain...bear with it and allow it to take its natural course...do not try, just flow with it. Love!

from rachel kondro. one of the kindred spirits i've met online.
Thank you for inviting me to read along. The idea of giving a character her own "voice" is such an intriguing idea. I've begun to read and savor what you've already written, and cannot wait for more.

from adrienne santos.  a faithful voice. you should also visit her portfolio here

always feel something is stirring when your sentences are not what they seem. with more things to say between the punctuation, with whispers dancing around the letters. i wish i could find a character to wake up.  raindrops sounds more gentle than rain. but in "in the middle of ____", rain does suit more. i guess she is ahead of you :)  of course i don't mind. my photos are what have replaced most of my words. i don't have many left and i don't know when they will come back. for now they stay in the middle of spaces, acknowledging their presence. this said, i send the poem in the next message.

from katrise velhagen.  a bright angel. another fellow traveller seeking her voice.

it's so comforting and intriguing at the same time..you speak of a language that artists are drawn to, you know?  a sort of crazy that is real. that most people wish they had..the language of the unseen like.. when you write, you are talking to your soul or other people's soul it's like even if your words are not of the usual, it's understood.

from marie sarabia.  a guardian angel.  i'm waiting for her to start writing again too

Wow.  I was teary reading your tumblr. Honest. It's sooooo good. This is you. Your writing has a rhythm, and you know what, it's like the pitter patter of rain. There's something so natural about it. The words fall like raindrops, like there's nothing else it can do but fall on us, whoever is reading. And I liked sitting here, just getting drenched :)  Your tumblr, I felt like sending it to people I know. Keep on writing. I hope this gets published!  Oh and one other word that came to mind when I was reading your writing: raw. The same word I use when I describe Heather King's work.

from kevin mayuga.  a passion igniter.  who has been inspiring me lately with his work.
I really enjoy reading your book.  it's like a couple of new pages everyday. i've been on a "high" for the past 3 weeks you could say it's a youth encounter high or a high in life because I was feeling really good but this week, is my busiest so far and I'm so tired physically and emotionally and that strains my spiritual health it's harder to look up and knowing someone struggling through something similar not necessarily the same thing helps



thank you guys, my heart is filled because of you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment